The title pretty much sums it up, but I’ll give you the reader’s digest version. In January ‘12 just as I was looking to relocate to the bay area, Appirio approached me with something better, an international assignment in Singapore! I arrived in Singapore late July, but just after Dreamforce Appirio decided that Singapore would no longer be a focus of business. Personally, I applaud Appirio for taking a chance and being uber pragmatic. I’m a huge fan of “If something is not working out, re-adjust!” The leadership team was generous enough to give me some time to transition two big initiatives I started, The Singapore Salesforce User Group & Meet. Make. Mash. before returning to the US and I am very thankful for that and the effort put into making my return seamless.
My time in Singapore was nothing short of amazing, during my assignment I…
- Delivered a mobile application in less than 6 weeks for Dreamforce
- Delivered a weeks worth Google Go-Live training in Malaysia
- Re-launched the Singapore Salesforce Group
- Facilitated a “Dry Run” of “Meet. Make. Mash.” a collaboriative idea aimed at enabling non-profit organizations to be more successful with Salesforce.com and the Agile development methodeolgy.
- Tried Durian
- Traveled to Bangkok twice!
Just before arriving in SFO, I stopped off to visit Mom in Orlando followed by a week in Puerto Vallarta for Fun with a little bit of work and now I’m headed to check the box on “Living in San Francisco,” I couldn’t be more excited.